Monday, January 14, 2013

GAS PAINS


We really thought we had this Peoples Natural Gas (PNG) thing licked. It still lies looming in front of us with a new wrinkle. I won’t go into too much detail, but our gas was shut off a few weeks back, because of a leak. It tuned out not to be on our property and PNG would have to rectify the problem. Yeah! Not so fast. It appears that our land has shifted and is encroaching on the PNG easement below our property. We are in the middle of trying to find some solutions. Having recently found a solution to our increase in health care costs by refinancing the house, the current dilemma might put a damper on that. Never the less, Bob and I are confident that when God closes doors he opens windows and we will emerge victorious…eventually.

Please pray that we remain steadfast in our belief that “we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose” Romans 8:28. I contend that it will be exciting to see how God helps us handle this.

Since August of 2008, I have asked God for a word (words, a phrase) each month. This has served two purposes. One is an encouragement and the other, by trying to memorize the word for each month, I am to exercising my gray matter (54 to date minus one that I just can’t remember). The word for January 2013 is BELIEVE. We're excited to see just how our Lord is going to help us through this. We believe He truly will.

No comments:

Post a Comment