Monday, February 4, 2013

HAVE MERCY ON ME


mer·cy  
/ˈmərsē/

Noun
<!--[if !supportLists]-->1.    Compassion or forgiveness shown toward someone whom it is within one's power to punish or harm: "the boy was begging for mercy".
<!--[if !supportLists]-->2.    An event to be grateful for, esp. because its occurrence prevents something unpleasant or provides relief from suffering.
Synonyms
pity - compassion - clemency - grace - charity

It is amazing how dependence brings you right to the throne of grace. When you are unable to figure it out, to get out of your own way or find a way, you come to the One who is the way. Grace is undeserved favor. It’s mercy and God grants it freely. How long will it take me to catch on?

grace: Where we get what we really don't deserve. mercy: Where we don't get what we really do deserve.

It is my prayer that some day I will cease to let my circumstances rule me (how well they can control me - oh so effectively) and that I might get in tuned naturally with the God I seek to serve. The benefits would be tremendous – less stress leading to better health, better attitude, improved perspective, peace of mind, confidence, reassurance…think Psalm 23 and that old valley of the shadow of death! If only I could grasp the BIG picture instead starring in my own little melodrama. I’m working on it by the grace of God. I’m working on it.






No comments:

Post a Comment